Explorations provides a safe, supportive environment within an educational setting for children and adolescents with chronic or acute mental disorders.
Explorations Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) is a sub-acute program for children and adolescents with chronic or acute mental disorders who require active treatment.
The program strives to meet the students’ individual and emotional needs while maintaining them within the home and school communities. The community-based program operates with a maximum of 35 students. The program focuses on stabilizing the student’s emotions and teaching the students acceptable behavior in order to transition back to the least restrictive environment with appropriate services in place.
What are the goals of the explorations Partial hospitalization program?
To assist students in coping with their problems more successfully
To decrease the need for a more restrictive level of intervention
To stabilize the student’s crisis
To enable students to transition back to the least restrictive environment with appropriate support systems in place
delivery of services
The program is housed in an alternative school, providing an opportunity for students to receive behavioral health treatment in a school setting. It serves as a transition into a less restrictive school setting before the student returns to their home school district. ExplorationsPHP has a minimum of three hours per day of behavioral health treatment and up to two hours per day of education based on the individual needs of the student. The program strives to equip each student with the skills needed to succeed at home, in school and in the community.
- Individual therapy
- Treatment Planning
- Psychiatric evaluations and medication monitoring
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy approach
- Group therapy
- Family therapy and family support group
- Social skills and anger management
- Art and music therapy
- Behavior management system
- Modified curriculum for individualized educational plans (IEP)
- Pennsylvania state standards requirements
Elementary Program (K-6)
Adolescent Program (7-12)
meet the team
Why Work for Explorations Mental Health Services?
- Opportunity to work with families and children located in Montgomery County, PA
- Family-friendly hours
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous paid time off and paid holiday breaks
- A partner organization of the Montgomery County Intermediate Unit (MCIU)